Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
If you wish to bring your class in for study and research and need to reserve computers or request assistance from the librarians, please let us know at least 24 hours prior to the class. You may call the front desk at x68812 or email Katie Meyer email@example.com.
The ECTC Library provides in-person and online information literacy instructional sessions. These sessions cover topics such as: basic academic research, website evaluation, subject-specific resources, academic databases and navigation of electronic resources, and much more. Library instruction is available for all disciplines and all ECTC campuses. Please submit requests at least one week prior to class. Requests are first-come, first served and based on availability. To request a library instructional session contact Katie Meyer, 270-706-8443, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please deliver items to be placed on reserve to the library at least 48 hours prior to the time that you plan to inform your students that the materials are on reserve. If you require an extension to this rule, please contact Laurie MacKellar (x68439) in advance to make the necessary arrangements.
- You will be asked to fill out a reserve form each time you bring items to be put on reserve. If you bring more than one item at one time you may list them on the same form. If you bring additional items at a later date for the same class you must fill out a new reserve form.
- You may place original materials (library-owned or personal items) on reserve. Copies of audio recordings and photocopied materials are permitted on a limited basis, and only under specific circumstances. If you have questions please contact Laurie MacKellar(x68439.)
- Compliance with copyright restrictions will be enforced on all reserve materials.
- All materials will be taken off reserve at the end of each semester. Any materials not picked up by the instructor will be placed in the instructor's mailbox. The library cannot take responsibility for items once they leave the library so faculty are strongly encouraged to come to the library and pick up reserve items.
- Please let your students know that they will need to know their student ID number in order to check out materials.
Off-campus Access to Electronic Databases
The library subscribes to a number of electronic databases, including electronic books via EBSCO eBooks; several journal, magazine and newspaper article databases; an extensive film database; and several online reference sources, including the Oxford English Dictionary. A full list of these databases is available on the library home page under Quick Links, and A-Z Databases.
You may access these databases from any campus computer and from off-campus. When off campus, you will be prompted for your KCTCS login information.
If you have any problems accessing the databases please contact the library at 270-706-8812 or via email, using email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Requesting Materials for Purchase
The library encourages faculty to participate in building the collection. Please email requested titles to email@example.com or use the Make a Suggestion box on the library home page. Please provide as much information as possible - title, author, publication information and ISBN number, so that we can avoid any confusion and select the desired edition.
- Students and employees will need to know their student/employee ID numbers in order to check out library materials.
- Instructors may borrow circulating books for a period of 12 weeks. Renewals may be made by phone (270-706-8812).
- Instructors may take reference materials out of the library for a period of 3 days - no renewals
- Instructors may take periodicals out of the library for a period of 2 days - no renewals
- Instructors may take audiovisual materials out of the library for a period of one week. Renewals are permitted; however, no renewals will be permitted on recordings that have been requested by another instructor for classroom use. Please bear in mind that certain recordings may be used in the classroom by more than one instructor. You may wish to call the library to reserve a recording for a particular date.
The library has two photocopiers. You may make copies and scan documents after you have entered your KCTCS user ID and password. Please do not hesitate to ask for assistance.
If you are preparing a reading list for your students, please verify that we have the required materials. We can order materials that we do not presently have. However, this takes some time, so please plan in advance. In addition, please ask your students to limit themselves to one item from the reading list.
- You may request books and articles not owned by the ECTC Library through Interlibrary Loan.
- Fill out an online Interlibrary Loan form for each item requested.
- If you are using information obtained from the book catalogs of other libraries, please note whether the item is listed as being on reserve, or shelved in Reference, Audiovisuals, Special Collections, Archives or other special locations. Please note that lending libraries are generally reluctant to send these materials through Interlibrary Loan.
- Generally, the materials will take between 5 and 10 days to arrive. You will receive an email from us when your item comes in. You may pick up your ILL materials at the circulation desk.
- Students should use the resources available at Elizabethtown Community and Technical College as much as possible. Interlibrary loan requests should be made only when students are unable to obtain needed resources at the Library.
- All questions concerning Interlibrary Loan should be directed to Sarah Jones, x68441