Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
ECTC Library Mission
The Elizabethtown Community & Technical College (ECTC) Library abides by the mission of the Kentucky Community & Technical College Libraries, and by the ECTC mission by providing access to a variety of resources and services that support the curriculum and foster excellence in teaching and learning. The library’s collections and services enhance academic achievement, support information literacy, and foster creativity, critical thinking, and the pursuit of cultural and intellectual enrichment.
- To select and provide a relevant services, and a high-quality, well-organized, diverse collection that supports all college programs including transfer, technical, and workforce development, as well as the needs of community patrons.
- To provide off-campus access to materials that support the full curriculum.
- To deliver innovative, collaborative instruction across the curriculum that fosters critical thinking, information literacy, and the pursuit of academic goals.
- To recruit and retain highly competent and professional staff, who abide by professional standards and ethics, and who assist users and carry out the responsibilities of acquisition and organization of resources, reference, circulation, and instruction services.
- To provide students and faculty with interlibrary loan service to obtain materials not available at ECTC Library.
- To provide well-equipped and welcoming facilities of adequate size and staffing to support group and individual learning and technological needs.
- To provide general library services to residents of the counties within the college’s service area.
- To cultivate and encourage diversity and inclusiveness through equal access to library collections, programs, and services.
The Library adheres to local college and KCTCS system policies and procedures.