Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Interlibrary Loan services are available to ECTC's students, faculty and staff to obtain books, articles, and other material not available through the Library's on-campus or electronic collections. If given the citation, we will find a library willing to lend the item to us or to scan and send us a copy at no cost to you.
When to use ILL
Use interlibrary loan when:
The item is not available through ECTC.
- Check Primo for available books and full-text articles.
- Check our online book catalog for books held by ECTC - be sure to limit location to Elizabethtown.
- Check our print journals for articles.
You know exactly what article, book, or other item you need.
- Loan title: a book about famous composers
- Loan title: "Composers of today: a comprehensive biographical and critical guide to modern composers of all nations"
It is not on Google for free.
Policies & Procedures
- Available to current ECTC students, faculty, & staff ONLY
- Use appropriate Interlibrary Loan Request Form: Book - or - Article
- Enter N/A for unknown fields
- Limit 4 books - NO TEXTBOOKS
- Pick up and return loans at the Main Campus Circulation Desk. Please return all materials on time.
- If you are taking an online course from ECTC, but your home institution is NOT ECTC, contact the library at your home institution.
- To renew an item, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Renewals are granted by the lending library only and due dates are set by the lending library. We will send an email to you with the new due date.
- PLEASE DO NOT WAIT until the last week your project is due to submit a request
- It can take up to 2-3 weeks, sometimes longer, before you receive the requested material.
WorldCat.org lets you search the collections of libraries in your community and thousands more around the world. Use the tabs to search for books, articles, or media. Most items not held by ECTC library can be requested through interlibrary loan.
WorldCat.org lets you search many libraries at once for an item and then locate it in a library nearby or find an item to order through Interlibrary loan.