Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
3D Printing Policies
- The success & quality of your print is not guaranteed. Many things can go wrong during a print: settings could need tweeked, clogs, adhesion issues, etc. Failed prints can be quite common and it is important to troubleshoot the issue with library staff member and try again.
- 3D prints are only available in a single color per print. Please allow time to change filament if your desired color is not currently on the printer.
- You may bring in your own 1.75 mm PLA filament, but it must be approved by library staff.
- At this time we are only offering prints made from PLA Plastic Filament. PLA (Polylactic Acid) is one of the two most popular filament types (ABS is the other). We only print in PLA due to its lower melting point, no off gassing, and non-toxic properties It is also plant-based, therefore it is not petroleum-based. Fun fact: PLA is often used in bio-medical devices that biodegrade in your body such as sutures or temporary screws.
- All prints must be completed the same day. Small prints can take 30 mins - 3 hrs and some larger prints can take 3 hrs - 3 day. Please be aware of printing times provided by the Cura slicing software.
- Printing of weapons, weapon components, illegal, offensive, or NSFW items or items created for profit is strictly prohibited.