Safety is our foremost concern. Please note that if your behavior is unsafe, or we determine you are using machines in an unsafe manner, we reserve the right to remove you from the Makerspace.
- Makerspace users must review the instruction guides for each piece of equipment before use and request assistance with the machine if needed. You are encouraged to request assistance the first time you use a machine.
- Students are responsible for returning equipment and supplies to the appropriate areas, reporting broken equipment, and cleaning the common use area after working. Failure to do so may result in loss of access to the facility.
- Ask for help anytime you feel unsure about the safety of what you are about to do.
- General usage and safety guidelines will be posted at the entrance of the Makerspace and specific safety issues regarding each piece of equipment will be posted at equipment stations.
- If you are not familiar with how a machine operates, are having trouble with the equipment, or observe another user working in an unsafe manner, please notify staff immediately.
- All start-up and shut-down procedures for each piece of equipment must be followed every time.
- Consult manuals, pages in this guide, and websites for additional information for instruction.
- ECTC provides access to safety supplies such as safety glasses, gloves, and a First Aid Kit. Users must notify staff of any injuries.