Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The ECC Alumni Association formed in 1981. It became inactive in the late 80s but was revived in 1991 under the leadership of North Central Education Foundation..
The association held regular meetings, sponsored activities and organized fundraising events. It also published a newsletter that contained some campus and ECC employee news but focused on personal and professional news of alumni. In the early 90s the college revamped its campus newsletter, ECC Updates, to focus on alumni; Issues of ECC Updates include short alumni updates, longer profiles of selected alumni, and essays written by alumni.
The current collection contains materials from 1981 to 1997. Materials may be added to this collection as they become available.
Folder 1. Member Lists
4 pieces. 1981 to 1988
- List of past members of the ECC Alumni Association. 1981 -1983. 2 copies
- List of names organized by town of residence (Hardin County only.) n.d.
- Memo from Dr. Stebbins, to faculty and staff. Subject: alumni profiles. Date: November 23, 1988. "Attached is the list of Elizabethtown Community College graduates recommended for inclusion in our series of Alumni profiles."
Folder 2. Newsletter. ECC Alumni Association
8 pieces, 1981 ro 1986
- October 1981
- July 1982
- February 1983
- July 1983
- March 1984
- November 1984
- July 1985
- March 1986
Folder 3. Newsletters. ECC Update. For the Alumni and Friends of ECC
13 pieces. Alumni news and profiles; campus news; NCEF news; employee news and profiles
- July 1991
- Spring 1995
- Summer 1995
- Fall 1995
- Winter 1996
- Spring 1996
- Fall 1996
- Spring 1997. 2 copies
- Summer 1997. 2 copies
Folder 4. Minutes and flyers
6 pieces. 1982 to 1987
- Letter sent to alumni from the office of James S. Owen. Title: Elizabethtown Community College Alumni Association. Invitation to join; benefits of an active membership; eligibility; dues. Application form attached. 2 sets of letter and form. Dues cover membership from June 1981 to July 1982; surmised date is late spring 1981.
- Minutes of the Alumni Association. First council meeting. September 12, 1986
- Minutes of the Alumni Association. n,d, 1987 wirtten in pencil at top. Next meeting date is May 14.
- Flyer. Elizabethtown Community College Alumni Association. List of events, including the Celebrity Auction. Items were donated by individuals such as Dee Huddleston, Joe Prather, William Natcher, Lieutenant Governor Steve Beshear, Conway Twitty, Porter Waggoner, etc
- Flyer. Potluck Picnic. Friday, August 26, 1983