1. Select NewsBank from the library webpage by clicking on "N" from the A - Z Databases List or by selecting "NewsBank" under Quick Links heading.
2. NewsBank is a database of articles from local and national newspapers and news wires, including the News-Enterprise, Lexington Herald-Leader, and Grayson County News Gazette. To do a basic search, enter you keyword(s) or phrases in the search box. Use AND or OR to connect multiple keywords/phrases and use quotation marks around phrases, such as "lead poisoning." After you enter your topic in the search box, click the blue search button.
3. Select "Map Search" (orange arrow) to limit searching to newspapers from a specific state. Browse "Quick Links" (blue box) to browse special reports, hot topics, or daily headlines. You can also browse the boxes under "Suggested Topics" (green box) to narrow down a topic.
4. After you conduct a basic search, your results screen has many features and limiters to help you narrow your results down even more. The green box indicates the number of articles retrieved. You can filter your results with the red arrow. Sort by "Best Match" for articles most relevant to your keywords. Limit by date by using the blue box.
5. Click on any title to access the article.
6. Each article contains a toolbar with icons to auto-create a citation, email the article to yourself, print, or download the article to your device (green box). The date and source are located below the title (red circle). Use the navigation arrows to go back to the results list or to move through your results (red box). Your search terms are highlighted throughout the article.